Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Celestrial Dry Brush!

Yes, another dry brush drawing.

I've really come to like dry brushing, and is perhaps about the only time I really like using a brush at all.  You definitely cannot get such effects with a pen or nibs, so yay!  Anywho, this time, I did a dry-brush of one of my original characters (named Celestrial DarkMoon) so the character, pose, and lighting all came from my head and I had no picture aids.  I feel it was successful, and like the others, there were new trials for me such as the textured lining on his cape, the gems in his circlet, and his light colored hair.

Surprisingly, work on him went quite fast.

Progress Pictures:


Line art was done with a pilot pen with touch-ups done in white maxon c0omic ink and white gel pen.




All dry brush work was done with multiple brushes, black India ink, white maxon comic ink, and a white gel pen (for minor fixes and some thin highlights).

No comments:

Post a Comment